Role of Behavioral Health Worker
Community Alliance Housing
REGIONAL RENTAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The State of Nebraska and/or Region 6 have established the following eligibility rules for an individual or household to participate in this program:
- Participant must be an adult, age 19 or older.
- Participant must live in, or agree to live in Cass, Dodge, Douglas, Sarpy, or Washington Counties, Nebraska. An individual who meets all the other criteria, and lives in another Nebraska county should contact the local mental health authority in that region to seek assistance. You may find that contact at this site.
- Participant must be very low income in accordance with federal definitions.
- Participant must be a U.S. citizen or have legal immigration status.
- Participant must be receiving, and agree to continue receiving behavioral health services throughout his/her participation in the Regional Rental Assistance Program.
- Participant must have tried, or agree to try at the first opportunity to obtain Section 8 rental assistance from the public housing authority in the area that he/she is residing or intends to reside, and to transition to the Section 8 program when eligible. It is recognized that most public housing authorities have a long waiting list to obtain Section 8 vouchers. The goal of this program therefore, is to provide transitional or "bridge" rental assistance to eligible individuals until they are able to obtain a Section 8 voucher from their local housing authority. That is the reason for this eligibility requirement.